Re: Syphon river and chaos

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_dFTvjsO6dgksUlo3Oe7Xa5Xzv-prQmlo7nfasaR1PQp_uuh30i3NpkcwQ1DTCB5B>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 03:03:07 -0000

hcarteau:

> FYI : the Syphon river is salty. It's saltwater washing very far inland.

  1. Not in my Glorantha it isn't.
  2. there are freshwater springs on sea beds. There's one not 20km from where I live.
  3. you're just rationalising :) -- in fact the rains and streams and all other waters in the Syphon Valley all contribute towards its uphill movement

> I read
> something about uroxi trying to kill as many salmons as they can when they come
> in mass upriver to spawn because "every fish that gets through feeds a broo".

Yeah well, those Uroxi. Mad every single one of 'em !!! ;)

IMG the flora and fauna inhabiting the river are clean and healthy.

> > Julian : the Sea Peoples would consider the Syphon to be an evil and
> rebellious river... so I don't imagine that the Syphon River god is being
> invited to too many parties over in God World :D
>
> /// Come to think of it, I'm not sure there IS a God of this river (or Spirit,
> or whatever). Maybe it died, washed down the hole at its end. Isn't there
> somewhere on its course a black lake with a hole at its bottom leading into some
> Underworld?

:)

Yes, I think there is one (though no idea of god, essence, or spirit).

It certainly died during the Gods War as you describe, but surely returned at the Dawn.

Julian Lord