Re: Alakorings, Heortlings and the others

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_iusVEcislQC9-hZED2Abgso7vmiXx9EbtP2E4gui14N_Gtsc11px3Ub08AtkUg>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 01:26:42 -0000

> It seems to me that in order to use magical chariots, you must
> also have a background of real chariots to draw upon.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

This is what all those alleged Ralian chariot drivers are doing. Trying to get good enough at riding chariots that they can make them take off!

"Look ma! No ground!"

Especially useful in hilly terrain where cliffs, rocks, and other steep obstacles might prove to be a problem.

Personally, I don't like the idea of floating fighting platforms (too Satr Warsy), but YGMV. On the other hand I do like the idea of chariot riding Orlanthi charging over some sort of rise in the ground and taking off in an extended Evil-Kineval-style flying chariot jump, to land crash bang wallop in the midst of their enemies.

To quote the famous Ralian Buzz Stormyear: "It's not flying, it's chariot driving with style!"

Keith