Re: Connecting the dots between Anilla and Zaytenera

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_gScSc03L3zYhDZiobs9Gt1_RGzvJRJMvAIAPHiKhGS6o4r5nW_04Y36uX4G_P_ILZvh>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 07:58:51 +1300

On 10/10/2010 11:41 PM, hcarteau_at_g-AL1aAR3SH6RSgA-CpCnW5yTK8GsTuy8PlpQWXr0f6cd2U8ntyJVsbvRY0e_tvfBWQkCAqsxB1ftyc.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> What I'd like to know is, if there is one, the connection between old Anilla,
> who "shone her blue light over the battles between Dragons and Giants", before
> the Green Age, and Zaytenera the virginal White Moon. Any takers for this
> question ?

Annilha was originally the Crone Goddess of the City of Mernita (Cerulia was the ruler and Demiska the archer the warrior). The city got nuked and in the Darkness got inhabited by Uz of the tribe of Harvip Zeen. They attempted to commune with the old spirits of the ruin that they found. Annilha, never the most coherent of deities, in the Golden Age was so sufficiently confused and rambled that the Uz deciphered in her utterings that she was the named aspect of a previously nameless, potent and terrifying lunar power that they knew of in their myths (the Queen of the Giants and all that).

They worshipped her and infused the worship with their nameless deity and in doing so created Annilla.

--Peter Metcalfe