Re: Syphon river and chaos

From: Bruce Mason <mason.bruce_at_D10EjAtbIN0c15iyMy7jpXW5BJ9y72AJnCuMe5yTnk9f2C_cBkcqB-FfjkHBaOvK>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:54:47 +0100

Thanks for all the comments. I do have a copy of the History of the Heortlings and it's that which I'm hoping to expand on. Part of the reason for the question is that I'm submitting a scenario to Mongoose's Living Glorantha and wanted to ensure that I wasn't making any egregious mistakes or missing a source (pun intended) of information.

Based on all this and building a little on ideas in the Troubled Waters I'm planning to characterise it as in HHP with the extra detail that as you get towards the footprint the river becomes something of a battlefield between gorp climbing up out of the footprint through the waterfall and the river itself trying to push the gorp back into it. For purely colourful reasons, I imagine the closer to the footprint you get the hotter the air around the river gets and a lush forest emerges populated by things that look like parrots and monkeys or at least sound like them. I picture the footprint as being something like a chaotic Lost World out of Jules Vernes with the aforementioned stone and chaos forests plus ziggurats, scorpion beasts, odd flying things and 4-armed albino apes.

Personally, I reckon the river's not so much evil as misunderstood...