Re:Connecting the dots between Anilla and Zaytenera

From: hcarteau_at_3dTOY_B5HTKg9BRTpCO7wF8G7rbCWA_MuoIc4ANJ3WDM5es2WqYnIYz09kqB22AN6jM
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:43:44 +0200

/// You speak after my own heart ! I knew there was a connexion between all
these weird Moon Cults.

>I find Peters explanation unsatisfying. Apparenlty, it means all the Uz Blue Moon Plateua Annilla cultists are apparently just mistaken idiots, who have never bothered to heroquest to find out if the basis of their religion is correct
/// Who knows, maybe they have been driven mad by selenium radiations. But I
don't think so.

> I'd prefer that Peters version is believed by many inside the Lunar empire (haha, stupid trolls! We don't need to afraid of the mysterious Blue moon assassins at all, just stupid trolls who don't even understand elementary astronomy
/// Hm. I do think there are lunar sages who know better than that. Let's not
forget there IS a lunar cult of Annilla. Let's also not forget Jakaleel, who quested on/in the Blue Moon plateau most of her (long) life. I'm sure some of her shamans know a lot about the Blue Moon.

> I guess you could assume that the reason the Blue Moon trolls are so xenophobic is because their leadership knows their mythology is clearly nonsense and wants to prevent their lesser members from chatting to anyone from the giant empire nearby for fear they find out the truth :-)
/// That's funny !

but in the long run it is much more fun to me if the various Blue Streak/Blue Moon/Bat God connections all have a solid mythic basis, and the Blue Moon Uz just know more than they are saying.
/// YES. My point. Well, the one I'm trying to build.

(snip) the trolls could understand the two are separate, but have a myth explaining the connection, such as the two meeting in the Underworld and Annilha teaching secrets that explain why Sedenya chose to become blue, or teaching her secrets about how to climb out of the underworld that Sedenya used much later.
/// Again, YES. If Greg sez there's no link between Anilla and Zaytenera, the
connection was made "later" and I think it happened when Verithurusa was stuck in Hell, where Annilla lurked. And it wasn't pretty. Blood ran.

/// Long live the conspiracy theory !