Re: Connecting the dots between Anilla and Zaytenera

From: hcarteau_at_FTvaNGwcCyOP097DduI0csZOB08kTxX2VQdojEwUV8u-u6R86k4V67QhHtv3QhytuYg
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:51:56 +0200

Selon Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_5aXZqDT4FC98817HwwWcuhz6lxRF6FE9mag8hHt7SdhJ_2I7pjI9LtoB6dyBQzjGrcrEjIO69mmBqC7cu3B1gnWGXqLW.yahoo.invalid>:

> HeroQuests aren't used for finding historical truths and my Annilla is a
> mask is no different from what the Lunars do with other people's mythology.
/// Could you develop that a bit ? I need a refresher course here.

After all there's a statement in the Entekosiad that Carmanos was an incarnation of Natha. Similarly there's Orogerian cultists around who deny that their deity is a mask of the Red Goddess.
/// Agreed, and they're all right. And wrong.

I said (Uz) worshipped her and infused her with the power of the nameless deity.  If it works, it is by definition not a mistake. /// I agree with that - on a scale of a few centuries. As the godlearners discovered.

 Everybody can experience their gods myths and find them to be exactly what their priests say they are (barring the odd secret or two). That historians tell them that things were different around the year zero only demonstrates that they are demented heretics who are not to be trusted. /// Death to the heretics. Burn, burn.

/// there are also mythic equations that are demonstrably false historically yet true mythically and magically.
/// My Annilla looks like she/it will be in that category !

> Lastly how is anybody going to tell the Blue Moon Assassins that they're
> doing it all wrong?

/// LOL. Not me !

When the Trolls came, there was no planet Lesilla in the Sky. Their Goddess is the Goddess of the Blue Moon and you expect them to seriously entertain the nothing that she's actually the Red Moon? /// I don't. Not at all. I do think Blue and Red Moons are separate entities. But I think the Red Moon wouldn't have gotten where she is today without support / influence / manipulation by the much older Blue Moon. That's the idea I'm trying to develop.