Re: Connecting the dots between Anilla and Zaytenera

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_cz7p2L2a-uhGuZk-6lAkaQJL-_c4v4R9jMrxvn8Zwq3mfby3i0RF7vtQ_jVd3DCQv>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:44:28 -0500

YGWV Please excuse some crappy typing here. ]This keyboard is not quite like the US one, and I am a bit too tired to correct everything.

What source says Anillha is associeted with the blue moon p0lateau?

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM, David Cake <dave_at_VxzIj8dc7YylRMQ6NEWpH9uINoAgaYzsrkeTpYoZuV-r9kjPKcRkHhIrm2O7nTgaANyqFTRUWLG9tNNhCRg99A.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I find Peters explanation unsatisfying. Apparenlty, it means
> all the Uz Blue Moon Plateua Annilla cultists are apparently just
> mistaken idiots, who have never bothered to heroquest to find out if
> the basis of their religion is correct

Exploring one{s mythic roots outside of one{s usual worship is actually VERY rare. Most beings are content to do what they know.

> (and the Lunar Empire knows
> they are wrong and just doesn't bother to tell them)?

Why would they?

> Surely, with
> such a big mistake, any attempt to heroquest beyond the trivial would
> be fairly disastrous? And this for a cult that 1) is known to have
> access to a lot of unusual, hard to obtain information and 2) seems
> to have been surviving quite happily (if mostly in isolation) since
> the Dawn.

I see no necessary connection between those two factoids and here previous incarnation

> Surely, instead there could be some mythic connection between
> the two different celestial blue bodies? Even if it was an
> invented/forged one (ie an adoption myth, or some other myth of
> claimed friendship between the two).

could be, but why insist on it so much?

> Especially with such an odd,
> mysterious, deity, who is perfectly capable of reconciling
> contradictions (for example, her myth in troll gods has her giving
> birth to her own soulless body, then possessing it). For example, the
> trolls could understand the two are separate, but have a myth
> explaining the connection, such as the two meeting in the Underworld
> and Annilha teaching secrets that explain why Sedenya chose to become
> blue, or something like that. Or even teaching her secrets about how
> to climb out of the underworld that Sedenya used much later. Or who
> knows what - Annilla knows many mysterious things, for starters.

YGFWV

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer