Re: No dots between Anilla and Zaytenera ?

From: hcarteau_at_RUGscfrV9BnXUWH7Ox-XmkOCqQQU-0F9fijaRpKKa2ueKe5NgiCHRkV97DzEaw0qvRG
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:39:46 +0200

Selon julianlord <julian.lord_at_oe4RCTBVZ8UqOJNfAGOjdx80yjRJinif7Ixygy04d95MKDRnK74kpd16kOKJk5jxewfyRUpI_Q5gRsxFDA.yahoo.invalid>:

> erm, I mean that different cultures having strong connections with any of the
> elemental Runes will have their own myths about the origin of the World which
> may not always agree with the GL elemental progression -- which says nothing
> about whether the GL version is true or not, just that various different
> Elemental points of view will exist on how the Elements came together to form
> the physical world.

/// I'm cool with that. Almost any myth can be forged with such relativity, which is how I like it.

> hmm .. I will admit I was playing on words a bit there -- first/preeminent ;)
> Though the DH still see the Sun as the Source of Existence. I'm not expert
> enough in Solar mythology to go much beyond that...
/// I'd say they view it at the Source of Proper Existence. They do aknowledge other ways, such as the (dirty) earth and the (horrible) waters. But I never read them pretend the sun was first. Ezeltelvay, the All, might have been.

> > /// Many mermen cults seem to aknowledge that Darkness was first...
> There was a philosophical argument about this on the old Glorantha Digest
> list, won _very_ decisively by Greg.

/// You can win such arguments ? Not my point. I'm here to enjoy a discussion, pick new ideas and write new stuff.

> The beginning of the Blue Age in that GL progression was the combination of
> Darkness and Water -- but how can you tell which was there first, and what
> would that even *mean* ?

/// Very little, it's true. I'm trying to make pieces of an abstract puzzle fit together for my (and I hope, yours) pleasure. And this thread has given me much new information and new insights !

> > /// Even worst. It all started, all of things, with my interest in the
> Loper Folk for my Fay Jee campaign (players, go away). I plan on a very
> spectacular showdown with the resurrected / recalled zaranistangi sometimes in
the future near Fay Jee.

> hum ... that's even more twisted than stuff I usually come up with, mes
> compliments au chef ! ;)

/// Mais je t'en prie. You wouldn't believe how many ideas for this campaign I have lifted from this discussion forum. This way my players and I enjoy stuff from the gloranthan "crème de la crème" ! But lo, for now we are stuck in much baser schemes, such as making it back home after a long and gruelling Trekk to Solung...