Re: Connecting the dots between Anilla and Zaytenera

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_K7LqohlmngzmjYliBkaPtwbf6kko19vbL0FfSn2dbrs_YbIoOOy5bE7MdjzRBr4lmYw>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:27:23 +1300

On 10/13/2010 11:31 AM, Greg Stafford wrote:
> ah, thank you very much Peter
>
> If this is the only reference, then it is pretty easy to explain
>
> you know, this was before I{d even beenfgiven the truth of the moons,and was
> as confuswed as many of you are

It from is a God Learner source, the writings of Thorloss the Scribe in 833 ST and as such is easy to wave away.

I prefer not to do so for two reasons:

  1. I do not think it coincidental that a tribe of Uz worshipping the Blue Moon should somehow settle a piece of land that has strong associations with a completely different Blue Moon. Or to put it in other words "What are the odds?"
  2. I'm not in the habit of repudiating old texts merely because new thinking has occurred since then. I prefer to re-interpret them to be consistent with the new thinking so Thorloss wouldn't be totally clueless in what he wrote about the Blue Moon.

However because Annilla is the Goddess of Secrets intent on obscuring even her own secret identity, the precise relationship between her and the Blue Moon Plateau is always going to be a Big Secret.

--Peter Metcalfe