Loving the new Sartar book :)

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_G7G9859LZx4DDZFQ_yG5Uf0uycYYtQj38hMVRJlUwHYfSjTvpR5Zf8RhqqjIx-XyK6Q>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:43:27 -0000

My compliments to all who've been involved in this. Great use of old material, and an excellent focus on the new.

Some of my favorites:

  1. The Empire isn't an over-complicated mess in this presentation, and the chaos rune is again proudly present. They are not blackhat storybook baddies, but the acceptance of chaos is not something to be swept under the rug.
  2. A better bronze/iron-age feel than ever before. Much less Rune Quest holdovers. I love how the "bronze mail" is depicted as _scale_ armour. Chain Maille made of bronze always felt pretty silly to me, not to mention great swords and rapiers and the like. Reducing the amount of anachronistic medieval references is something much appreciated.
  3. Great and bold use of higher level names from the past. Rescuing Treeleaper from the Lunar Hell is brilliant, and so is questing deep into the Upland Marsh. (I just wish there had finally been some information on who and what Delecti is)
  4. Very nice advice on running heroquests.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on the companion volume :)

  -Adept