Re: Connecting the dots between Anilla and Zaytenera

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_OB8a5swIdCummfwWU4qMaeG_LNKSHa0fj26XAGxSUw4dbN0rsHfyXzz8zPgdheIa>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:47:43 -0000

Greg :

> YGWV
>
> thanks for the definitiuon
>
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM, julianlord <julian.lord_at_...> wrote:
>
> > One more factoid -- trolls cannot even *see* the colour blue, which if I
> > remember my optics correctly means it would appear as black to them.
> >

> While our eyes and "sonar" cannot see colors, I am not absolutely sure that
> trolls suffer the same deficiency
> remember that color is not a band of radiation, but a thing unto itself

Yes.

> "The maroons were incessant in their harassment, and it was not until the
> forest greens came to my aid that they ceased troubling me."
> --quote from Dinjores of Raibanth

Certainly -- I'm actually in two minds about this, but I'm thinking that trolls actually do not perceive light outside a very narrow range of colour because they are specifically described as having "very bad eyesight". Their sight is also very much a secondary sense, unlike humans.

Without that definition of trollish bad eyesight, I would probably have thought that they saw the full visible spectrum in fuzzy shades of grey plus the reds.

I still think that they would be able to distinguish between black aka any non-red-tone colour and complete darkness, because they would see that darkness completely differently to us ; not as an absence of visible light, but as a thing unto itself.

Julian Lord