Re: Troll vision

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_z_RlbNBSJCtAnegDtkXqCdrXfgdZb3PIhz0m91rFyXnBnFg2lw555z26_o-CPpf8>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:20:12 -0700 (PDT)

I've always liked the notion that a troll's darksense can sense past areas of light that break up areas of darkness. So, a troll could sense well what's under this tree and that tree across the meadow, but not what's in the bright sulight in between. I'm not sure whether or not I'd prefer that the darknesses have to be connected (though not in a straight line, obviously -- straight lines are a light/sky thing).

On Todd's point, maybe what trolls see (using eyes) as "red" is really an association with "hot."

And on a related topic, maybe "blue" is really an emanation or flow of darkness.

No, I have no textual support for any of that. But it's [retty much how I play my troll character.

Chris Lemens