Re: Praxian Hell/Jaldonite Otherworld?

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_zhgaBQbt9q8w_Kthi8g6GHmiTGKLjT65fUddhTjMcH1ZKrdU5Mh0vdbko4URCY4u>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:08:15 -0000

Jeff :

> > ANYTHING not Praxian is BAD. Waha has spoken.
>
> Anything not Praxian is bad NOT because Waha has spoken, but because it was already bad. Fantastically bad, given the experiences in the Chaos Age.

You've missed my point -- which is that banishment, which certainly happens, is the absolute worst punishment.

> Waha does not provide moralistic framework but a path for survival in the Wastes.

Who said anything about morals ? Good/Bad =/= Good/Evil.

> > The God Learners confused their own notions of the afterlife with their understanding of Gloranthan cosmology. We should not make a similar mistake, of importing some specifically mediterranean cosmological notions of Heaven and Hell into Glorantha.
>
> Which you have just done as far as I can see.

???

> FWIW, when I wrote the Underworld material in Sartar with Greg (which is canon, btw) the main influences were definitely not Dante (although I did reread Inferno) but Ishtar's descent into Hell, Odysseus and Aenaeid's treks in Hades, and the Cinvat Bridge which perjurers cannot cross.

No queries have been raised about any kind of Orlanthi afterlife, which quite apart from being canon (thank you) is very robust indeed.

Julian Lord