Re: Troll vision

From: Ian Borchardt <iborchar_at_k2G_drgvfH8k5AXa0zBlVFkFJrPRBYXfbHZ1k0Ycp2e4N3WzplGoSfWm8OjVW_FquO6>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 02:16:25 +0930

I've always been a fan of the Darksense actually being the ability to see using Dark rather than any other means, even if it is distinctly non-canon. With the element of Dark being Anti-Light. So a troll in my Glorantha sees the world as something like a black-and-white film negative (except with much more detail, and even it's own colours, in the white sections). [They refer to these colours by the same names as lightvisioned folk do; after all, it is the colour blue that actually teaches what "blue" is.]

There was a Tales of the Reaching Moon article which invoked the old Archimedian argument for why the Lozenge appears round. That is, the eyes effectively emit light to see, which immediately begins to ascend Skyward, so things appear to disappear beneath the "horizon," as they do on Earth. Of course, as the amount of elemental Dark increases in the vicinity, it annihilates more and more of the light being emitted from the eyes, so it becomes more and more difficult to see, and more difficult to see further.

YGWV.

--
Ian Borchardt    (iborchar_at_ebj8ySL8Bi3CMtE7JEvHr8iwVhH7qEt6Qf-kxEGkT3BgrbvpuZYRKfVNXtlhgM9Q__7LB7vInQaFuQ.yahoo.invalid)
Philosoph, Fool, and Magician