Re: Missing the Jonstown Compedium

From: Jeff <richaje_at_epWo_zC5Sn4q6ihiOxUcxX0ISuDR21Ra-GsR6pWly68OZan5RdHDF_YcvJiYLo2Z8Kog>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 06:11:55 -0000

> I am not convinced that any of the main Gloranthan sources can be
> considered 'objective truth'. It certainly always worries me when I
> read people asserting that the book of Heortling history prooves such
> and such about God Learner or Uz and so on.
> What the Heortlings think, sure, but they're unlikely to be exactly right.

Yes and no. If you want to know who was the king at Whitewall in 960 S.T., the Book of Heortling History is going to give you a correct answer (Andrin the Stag), regardless of the fact that it is an "in-Gloranthan" source.

Then again, I wouldn't use the BHH to prove much about the God Learners (except regarding the wars between the Archduchy of Slontos and Esrolia, or about the Iron Wars); instead I'd use the Middle Sea Empire book (which has plenty of good material on the God Learners).

Jeff