Re: Missing the Jonstown Compedium

From: hcarteau_at_IdO-P2nKD63WJniU9-jv6orQ6bsyyMlp3KGYEf_ksymxlyqtfVKlACBFbJHemv8eGep
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:28:30 +0200

Selon Nick Eden <nick_at_r8cW0zXyLehvkyIH5aRFqgLp_Bh1G-p2EFm_eAgVx5xrLbg0DbHXL1OgJFZugzpXeGWXQClC0sEpLfO1eDhCbA.yahoo.invalid>:

> I am not convinced that any of the main Gloranthan sources can be
> considered 'objective truth'. It certainly always worries me when I
> read people asserting that the book of Heortling history prooves such
> and such about God Learner or Uz and so on.
/// Agreed. Which is why it's so important to know about any information's source. If you do, you can immediately correlate it and the source's interests or biais, and assess it in a more accurate light. Besides, if there's one thing I learned in Glorantha, it's that there is no reality. There are only perceptions. I thought about Peter M.'s ideas of "Noumène", read some about this and I don't think it applies either to Glorantha or RW. Things exist only because we percieve them ; they have no intrisic nature by themselves. (boy that that look heavy once it's out !)