Re: What happens when malkioni die ?

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_OS9zZcBmNBD0pKCfLkIgtQYi78Gq5aKD69EAs5CD5fwHbgf8qvwq86yDncEEB2kEKMf>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:34:43 -0400

This fits with my Zoroastrian influenced thinking on the Carmanian afterlife. The dead travel the Path of Silence to the Sword Bridge. The unredeemable evil (oath breakers, etc similar to the Orlanthi myth) fall/are dragged from the bridge into the river of swords and on to Hell. Those who lead a strictly moral life go to paradise. Those whose lives are morally ambiguous (probably most people) continue on to the theist afterlife as in the Orlanthi myth.

Right now I am trying to deduce how the Carmanians see the Ash King and his city. Do they go to the realm of Turos, King of Below? How would it appear to them?

I am also debating the apocalyptic nature of Zoroastrianism and how it might relate to the Carmanian afterlife. If I go with Zoroastrian myth then the dead (good, evil, and indifferent) wait in their respective afterlifes until the final battle of Good vs Evil. That sort of negates or at least postpones Solace. The early Fronelan influences on Carmanianism were Hrestoli so I tend to want Solace to factor in there somehow.

-Kevin McD