Re: Kolat

From: David Dunham <david_at_QSeuzm734R6lmE6IBtUmdxY0__aeA8pFvwdTcBolvvyhHqAQcpl1_GziDlW3uE5xCzIdxH>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:07:38 -0700

On 23 Oct 2010, at 14:38, Mark wrote:

> I think that a few concessions where indeed made to Gloranthan reality, as otherwise the different types of magic would just be straight keywords. (Actually, that's a perfectly valid approach). Presumably this was done because the authors felt that the differences added enough spice to be interesting themselves. In this case, the description specifically omits a power that most Animsits have, so I suppose there to be a reason for it.

IIRC, there was originally talk of just straight keywords.

But hopefully the rules give some of the flavor: you HAVE spirits, and might release them.

As to differences between later books and the rules: either it's cultural (since the rules were world-generic), or an upgrade. Jeff could tell you better how he views it.

David Dunham