Re: Kolat

From: Jeff <richaje_at_DASDbA8fTZRNexvz4-lgvb5AlhgKt-HQJynW7MQqDDdBu360GUBilmUjHFi0ZHd7HLAE>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:12:00 -0000

> The 'weaker spirit magic because they are from a theist
> culture' explanation seems reasonable from a Gloranthan POV (though
> still somewhat lacking in game fun value to me, though).

I'd put it more like "weaker spirit magic for apprentice Kolatings" because they are from a theist culture. Full sezings are just as powerful as other shamans. Their apprentices just have more to learn than the Praxian or Hsunchen counterpart.

> (as a quick rules fix for those characters who are apprentice
> shamans who intend to become full shamans, perhaps allowing releasing
> spirits for those characters who have a Patron shaman or other close
> connection, something that will include most apprentice shaman types
> but probably few others)

That's perfectly ok. The rules had to be set somewhere and these reflect the assumption that Kolatings are very unusual in Heortling society. If you want to make things a little easier for your Kolating player characters, by all means do so.

Jeff