Re: Hrestol's knighthood initiation

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bXLmE20tdEM7l0qbKrcaKrFvBcIAJ8Y_87zWax4C17UB3A89D2yuxg9z_RIY3UztdvR>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:13:15 +1300

On 10/30/2010 4:10 AM, David Cake wrote:
> At 6:21 PM +1300 28/10/10, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>> On 10/28/2010 4:08 PM, David Cake wrote:

>>> Froalar ruled at the dawn, and was married to a land goddess, >>> and a notorious pagan.

>> That was _after_ Hrestol's revelation, and a result of it.

> The Seshnelan Kings list says rather that

>> [...]  Early fatalities caused the people to adopt divine
>> worship, and they sacrificed to Seshna, Worlath, and others. His
>> wife, daughter and two sons were all fatalities.

> which to me pretty clearly implies that Froalar (but not his
> wizards) was already indulging in theist shenanigans before the Dawn,

That "the people" worshipped is not the same thing as Froalar worshipping.

> FWIW, I think that it sounds very reasonable that Hrestols
> rift with his divine stepmother that results in his exile is a result
> of his revelation, but I don't know of any evidence that suggests
> that the marriage was a result of it - rather, the I take it
> ultimately as Froalars reaction to the death of Xemela, as the Kings
> list suggests.

In the Book of Kings, after Hrestol killed Pendal he was trapped in the Otherside. Froalar went to make peace with Seshna, the mother of the Pendali and had to agree to marry her and exile Hrestol. That's where the Paganism came from.

--Peter Metcalfe