Re: 1st age malkioni settlers : brithini or mortals ?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_pRLkF3A0ytcCterekaGIeVvDWPdiSSphwlC3Wo7FMpJmwQNDRecemQwZeZH3T1-h9>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 07:55:15 -0700

YGWV Peter did a great reply below, which I will address. Here, I touch on a couple of issues.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:23 AM, <hcarteau_at_1Bq-NQWZ2tIz8qhRB3o-NvsHhjZLZ5bw1xe2bXDVPfDs45q1iPsGsXRku18MtL2OmTjrazhSbw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Selon Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_AVOR3x2ZpIggB_eGO0zNYHzCElV02d3A_qRGUQ_IfHK9vYAaahgU4G-r-GBdi_TcDy72dflN-tzgD55nYCk6TE8yAKs.yahoo.invalid>:
>
> As for the Seshnegi being henotheist before Hrestol's revelation, the
> issue is
> open as far as I can see.
>
> /// Yes. To me the settlers led by Froalar who settled in Seshnela were
> brithini
> "who had never experienced Joy".

No one had experienced Joy. Hrestol was the first.

> Now Jeff seems to imply (in his devious way ;-) that these guys were
> already
> followers of Malkion the Prophet and knew about Solace ; probably they were
> mortals already.

They were.
The Plague that dogged the western world, from which it was rescued by Xemela, assured them of that; guaranteed it.

BTW, do you think this plague was one single disease? ""She called the the 17 deaths, and they each had 17 children called the diseases, but they were all grandchildren of Death."

> I wonder which was which. Perhaps we'll never know - such Knowledge was
> lost over the ages. The answer depends on who answers and what is agenda is,
> as always. There's room for both cases, and even more.

I have myself seen Hrestol's Saga, and it doesn't give much hint about actual worship. Hrestol does confront the Goddess, and there is a key to this, in my rely to Peter.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer