Re: 1st age malkioni settlers : brithini or mortals ?

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_CsK-C7tRgnR4Ya-mhzOtsJ3uDdZc4woMX5ku-U4J3gIGtwLPj6L4d2V4cf3vcCoF>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:12:25 -0000

Your Glorantha Will Vary

Greg :

> No one had experienced Joy. Hrestol was the first.

... I'm *very* loathe to call you out as wrong about Glorantha Greg, but in my opinion Hrestoli theology practically *requires* that Joy is an inherent quality of Reality, and that Hrestol's Action was more Revelation than Creation.

Hrestol was absolutely 100% the first to experience Joy in the particularly fulsome manner described in the sources ; this does not mean that Joy could not be experienced before Hrestol.

I *do* recognise that Gloranthan Philosophy of Time can be radically divergent compared to our own, but IMO Hrestoli Philosophy absolutely *requires* that Joy is a possibility belonging to every Gloranthan Fact.