Re: Seshnegi Questions

From: David Dunham <david_at_y4PHtO36-pKpoHuscafwDYUKpnj3wIgRFaixbRHTJit_0X5WQuTh4C82_xMXgkXxo0W034>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:47:31 -0700

On 30 Oct 2010, at 14:46, Scott wrote:

> 3. THE PENDALI: These guys are described as being "civilized hsunchen" but I'm not sure what this means. Were their urban centers walled cities of stone like the Seshnegi or cruder hill forts? If they were walled cities, did the Pendali move in and take over existing centers and peoples? Did the Pendali wear metal armor in battle and use civilized weapons and tactics? Did they have access to sorcery or theistic magic? What was their main source of strength in war?

I've always figured that they were a folk of lion hsunchen origin, who ended up becoming sedentary and eventually civilized. (Poor Basmol, even his worshippers who aren't defeated, abandon him.)

I think they're more likely theistic (henotheist probably), but don't remember details. I'd make them as civilized in technology as necessary to be a threat.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein