Re: The Wonders of Joy

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_UsY5XKZOtgwQ-XGVZ11tbHFBdp21lcrMgjpLIsXWajxtMztyD6zLGJeesJjoolj5>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 06:42:43 -0000

hcarteau :

> Selon Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_...>:
>
> And, within recorded history and heroquesting--that is, since the Dawn, he
> is the first to access it and bring back the methods to others. The fact that
> this happened after the Dawn is proof it is not an original creation of his, but
> has some other spiritual origin.
> /// This I don't understand. How does "the fact it happened after the Dawn"
> proves that it is a Higher Power and not "a clever spell wrought by a clever but
> deluded man" ?

Well, IMO it *isn't* a "Higher Power". Rather it's a realisation of *one's own* connection with The Ultimate(tm).

Greg is quite right !! -- the fact that Hrestol achieved this during History *does* prove that the origin of Joy lies outside him and is spiritual -- but this is proof which is complex, both implicitly and explicitly ; and you have to remember that this is proof from the materialist, Hrestoli, Western point of view !!

Pagans and heathens and heretics may believe that Joy is just a kind of magic spell, but such opinions are just flat out *wrong* from that Hrestoli point of view.

>From that philosophical and theological point of view, Hrestol discovered the existence of a material* connection between that Ultimate and the self-awareness of every Hrestoli soul. The material nature of that connection is both its own proof that the source of Joy is the relationship between the Self and the Ultimate (rather than the Self and Hrestol), and materially demonstrable as part of Reality.

Julian Lord