Re: The Wonders of Joy

From: hcarteau_at_k_BSZZ-P1dsltpvg7hHiuot9jSQy8mOdc3Mz0ZvuQPbLScSnxgNhFCzkzt5QhxkEHvM
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:31:31 +0100

> Well, IMO (JOY) *isn't* a "Higher Power". Rather it's a realisation of *one's
> own* connection with The Ultimate.

/// Fine with me.

> The fact that Hrestol achieved this during History *does* prove that the
origin of Joy lies outside him and is spiritual -- but this is proof which is complex, both implicitly and explicitly ; /// Indeed. I still don't see how it happening during History is proof it's a connection to the Ultimate, but I can live without understanding it - which is proof I AM NOT A GODLEARNER (however much I want to be one).

and you have to remember that this is proof from the materialist, Hrestoli, Western point of view !!
/// Meaning, using LOGIC and REASON beyond "belief" ?

(and now for some comments in malkioni character)

> * It's worth remembering that Malkioni theology often posits God to be
> material in Nature

/// God's First Action was to separate Matter from Energy. He is Beyond the crass material realms. Woe to the heretic. Burn, burn.

the benefits in this world of magic and religious spirituality are certainly held to be material in nature, bearing in mind that magic is itself a category of subtle matter from this point of view, rather than being considered as being non-material.
/// More heretism ! Our magics are the result of using our Reason, which God gave us, to manipulate higher powers and make us all better men in His eyes.

"Everything Real Exists" is one of the most fundamental axioms of mainstream Malkioni philosophy.
/// In the only proper Church (mine), such axioms are not lightly spoken, and not before everybody. Tis true "everything material exists", but many material things such as the demons manifesting in this world are rotten fruits, the result of Devolution and a way to losing yourself in Hell. The dronari simple essences might misunderstand such an affirmation by thinking "worshipping" such things is a key to bettering their lot.