Re: Seshnegi ducks ?

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at_ThETDlXWmN1VxsIN7W7bHeOs1YdxF1C7j7eryxsQYCDjISM2reAGulHXyKQMh>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 22:12:59 -0000

> /// You mean they have these feathery little bastards in the West
> too ??? But where must a honest Glorantha go to get away from these
> werefowls ?

Heh. I don't think there are, actually. I used to get a little annoyed that all the talk of ducks focused on the same old Stream/Upland Marsh durulz, when there were so many other, interesting opportunities to consider elsewhere in Glorantha.

But a few years back I had my Road to Domestos moment, and completely changed my tune. I think a great amount of what makes ducks interesting and characterful comes from their 'traditional' environments and stories. So I veer away from the mode of the Mongoose book, which makes them somewhat ubiquitous.

I am interested in 'foreign' knights in the Seshnegi legends, however--or extracultural figures cast in a knightly context. In my own stuff I've occasionally used the pagan figures of Sir Laddy (Ladaral; Lodril) and Sir Lammy (Lankermy; Lhankor Mhy) in a disempowered form, as foreign knights in certain tales or parables.

But there's always Sir Gaheek of Ookney (Or, a fesse abased Purpure).