Re: Another go at mythic "chronology"

From: Guy Hoyle <guy.hoyle_at_NOST-AZm4T-tWZ93rot5CUMVPyHV1pG_uzXhf8ziOW4uPDHkcZ-vqJpMDA2E1AziOX>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 17:31:24 -0500

I like the notion that the Spike is a God Learner construct. It seems very Monomythic to me. (Mind you, I'm still rather enamored of the Monomyth, but it makes more sense to me as a conflation of all the"local" World Mountains".) If that's true, however, them we don't know what catastrophic event created Magasta's Pool. Do myths of The Spike occur in the same mythologies, as Magasta's Pool? Or are they only associated in GL sources? Offhand, I can't remember if any of the Sea Pantheons have a Spike myth.

Guy (Hoyle)