Re: Another go at mythic "chronology"

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_4STZ-ImQ181dVA9xUAvcSBndvsgQ0wbSjUY1WHRoGT-ZY2sPQbtnmf5yjtpe_aRT>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 08:52:41 -0000

hcarteau :

> > The origin of Magasta's Pool is a Spike myth, and is a part of merman
> > mythology.
> /// Right now, I can't remember how mermen do explain the origin of Magasta's
> Pool. Isn't it an incarnation of Magasta itself ?

erm ... yes ?

The Pool _itself_ is of the Ocean, not of the Spike... ;)

The merman have myths of what was there *before* the waters rushed in, and of how and why that Hole in the World came into being -- << these are their Spike myths. I doubt that they have many myths about the Spike itself though, it was beyond the surface after all, but just about its destruction.

Many of these must be cautionary tales about how everything coming from the surface world is Bad. :)

Julian Lord