Re: Another go at mythic "chronology"

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_l5njJ6JCTTo6SAB0TCwFldFHzyeIkvyfNBGB6_rhgCsDmKuGHOH1HWVOwdnjaT1L8fB>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 09:05:02 +0000

julianlord wrote:

> The Pool _itself_ is of the Ocean, not of the Spike... ;)
>
> The merman have myths of what was there *before* the waters rushed in,
> and of how and why that Hole in the World came into being -- << these
> are their Spike myths. I doubt that they have many myths about the
> Spike itself though, it was beyond the surface after all, but just
> about its destruction.
>
> Many of these must be cautionary tales about how everything coming
> from the surface world is Bad. :)

Presumably, quite a large portion of the Spike was below the surface, since it must have risen out of the abyssal depths. On the other hand, mermen have never been very keen on anything that's overly solid, even if it's also wet.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/