Re: Horsepower in the West (was Seshnegi Questions)

From: David Cake <dave_at_eONwY7qjWFRXI3kSq_695W5T5EMpmCAuW4ism511CSUiTrcFnzlc-Ss0EiE2Q7hTXaaX9B_>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 20:50:55 +0800

At 7:27 AM +0000 7/11/10, julianlord wrote:
>Trotsky :
>It's perfectly reasonable that a horse like this should be a result
>of magical breeding -- but unlike RW, there's no reason to suppose
>that the massive Fronan should be the result of any breeding
>programme, in my opinion.

        Except that (according to Anaxials Roster) the guy who did the breeding program (Filippus) is historically known, and wrote the whole process down in a big book about it, that most people who are interested in the subject have read.

>Everything I've seen from Greg on the question of horse breeds, and
>I believe there's an electronic document out there somewhere,
>suggests that there are basically two kinds of breeds -- 1) original
>2) cross-bred

        There are at least 1) original 2) cross-bred and 3) magically bred. The darons seem to be an original breed, the fronans cross-bred, breeds like the Golden-Eye magically bred. Some other breeds might be magical as well (depending on what you believe, especially when it comes to Kralorelan propaganda).

>I would guess that the (minor) Horse Rune itself must have been a
>creation of the Gloranthan Court.

	Depends who you talk to, of course, but horses seem to be pretty early.
	Cheers
		David