Re: Another go at mythic "chronology"

From: boztakang <danielmc_at_lMRWBKsKsAkafQoaCSsLcK0Ufj_Km8OuPOD5nakVh0s5DSF9F_iIJeB4V3RgATaf-Y3>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:22:13 -0000

> > The existence of these God Learner conflations do not prevent the Spike from having been a physical reality of the Gloranthan Godtime.
>
> Julian makes a key point - there was a physical Spike. There were a variety of events witnessed by almost every being in Glorantha. What those events meant to the witnesses and how they interpret its meaning vary widely, but the events themselves were there.
>
> Jeff

The Largest Queendom of Trolls on the Surface was on the spike. They fought several Great battles against chaos defending it, only to have the devil sneak past and destroy it from within. Hundreds of Thousands of Uz died in that disaster, and I imagine there are many living clans with access to ancestors who remember it.

I suppose that gives yet another Truth

5) The spike was the first and best Castle of Lead. The Burner destroyed it's foundations, and The Devil collapsed the rest. Curse the Sun and the pain it brings! Curse the Predark for its mindless corruption!