Re: Another go at mythic "chronology"

From: boztakang <danielmc_at_JTlLjE-xLK2SaHDs4Xyjcy1y3n5S45U1Am3oZ_RAh_qpWrukCl1CxhyU4Z-cMgqn55h>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 21:24:56 -0000

All the places with "real names" survived into time, so the lack of a fancier name for "the great queendom" doesn't particularly bother me. With respect to descendants, I just figured that the few survivers/refugees that DID make it out were likely to be quite powerful, and to have a relatively large number of descendants each.

While we don't have much detail on "the queendom" I thought the battles to defend it (slime bridge, robbers rain, etc) were mentioned more places than that one map (though Peter is rarely wrong on such things, and i can't immediately think of where) Particularly the myth of Vaneekara hurling the blob of defeated chaos out of the universe, which i believe is mentioned several places (though perhaps not specifying the location or context)

I can buy those battles taking place at some "lesser spike", and the idea that the Jungle Trolls might be refugees from that defeat seems both interesting and plausable.

un(?)fortunately, the trolls still arn't going out of their way to tell a buncha nosey hoomenz all about all the stuff their ancestors remember... ;-)