Re: Spiking the spikes

From: David Cake <dave_at_Nwa6PUVxbscAjtjSKiuE9KNnBZrxlnOApXFZlYPN0JPil54_zSzdBg8uUi4hVKm0yFsD1Au>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 04:48:03 +0800

At 6:15 PM +1300 10/11/10, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> You would have
>been on stronger ground in pointing out that the Malkioni were extensive
>enough to have more than one spike (for example, the Orlanthi have Top
>of the World as well as Mount Kerofin).

        I think the Orlanthi Spike is the Spike. I think the role of The Spike and the role of KeroFin are very different in Orlanthi myth.

        There is a really interesting phenomenon where many cultures have the myth of the mountain that the sun in darkness lives on during the Darkness, but I don't think it is the same as the Spike, and I am unsure that it is widespread outside theist cultures.

        But mythologically, the whole point of the Spike is that it is gone now.

	Cheers
		David