Re: There is only one God, et al

From: David Cake <dave_at_qxY1-LzsfLXyCdDrFZyscLQr1TP7rXUHMxMedJhmjAQGydXqHPEcNKliiRNPgVMdDIsW4lH>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 04:33:03 +0800

At 8:53 AM +0000 11/11/10, Jeff wrote:
> > They didn't. They were conquered by the Mostali from Nida (the
>> Kachasti War p9 of Revealed Mythologies) in conjunction with the
>> Vadeli. The hand-drawn map in Revealed Mythologies is simply unclear in
>> that it uses lines to represent mountain ranges and rays to represent
>> conquest. A better map is here:
>>
>> http://www.glorantha.com/new/images/D4IN_V2.JPG
>
>BTW, I am not convinced that these events are all in the sequence
>presented on page 9. Frex, I've got some maps from Greg that are
>being used in the Guide that show the Nida conquest in the Mid-Storm
>Age and roughly in the same cycle of myths that have the
>Vingkotlings dominating southern and south western Genertela.

        I took those events to be in the Darkkness Age/Fifth Action, myself, much later.

        In either case, much too late for the Kachasti to be the Vingkotlings.

>The sequence appears to be - Kachasti fight Vadeli, Mostali erupt
>from Nida and enslave the Kachasti, Kachasti turn to Worlath to
>fight the Mostali.

        Kachasti survivors turning to Worlath makes perfect sense, though I also assumed those events too place after the Vinkotlings were well established. I guess this makes them the Dawn Age inhabitants of Ralios?

        It is not mutually exclusive with the Kachasti having arrived in Genertela far earlier, though. The Kachasti sent their first expeditions to Genertela in the very early Fourth Action/Storm Age, probably long before the conflict with the Vadeli. The Kachasti meet people from another culture who are already there, though.

        Speaking of sorcerous migrations, I'd also be interested to work out if the sorcerous people of Yargan in Pelandan myth are identifiable in Western myth.

	Cheers
		David