Re: Calendars, Calendars

From: Jeff <richaje_at_wPmi_RZjdkDy5efXpfdmK3U9za-h_gUt2ie_7hLYZdLiYZ5a6BUhKhOqBPunpCN4ZZfX>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 06:57:54 -0000

> 2)Twenty-Eight Days and Sacred Time: All communal worshippers in Orlanthi Society at least attend (and spend) 10% time of a year, "Thunder Rebels" describes the detail of the 10%. One of my Japanese friends once asked me if the 28 days include the Sacred Time 14 days.
>
> I answered him that it doesn't include Sacred Time because the Sacred Time is outside of the ordinary year of 280 days. But I could not convince him because the holidays of the Orlanth and Ernalda are only 20 days. (For an orthodox, "diligent", secular Japansese, Heortlings should be labelled as "lazy people" by their 42(28+14) of holidays...)

The 28 days of the sacred calendar (not including Rest Day and the 14 days of Sacred Time) are in Sartar 359-363. Additionally there are many holy days outside of the 28 days plus Sacred Time, they just aren't celebrated by ALL Orlanthi.

These are not vacation days. All Orlanthi gather in rituals and ceremonies on these days and many do their hardest and most dangerous work on those days.

Jeff