Re: Calendars, Calendars

From: hcarteau_at_ubD0Bc-nwC_aDT2lN5ODPfTRk1GRNWWpKIARPfq-1RK3sNr46QzinXAvGDXv6q2Rqx_
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:46:33 +0100

Selon illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt_at_kP-060C_pzK59etOoFxa2Ho181lwfNtOO68S8dGe_vU7VeJhfl_rQ4EtKueImo8iiVTPDsL16wkgLbK-QBUGr4-t905WNYBuVzg.yahoo.invalid>: /// Are you the gentleman that wrote a fascinating Blue Moon story on a japanese site ? If yes, congratulations !

> 1)Winter Solstice: See the "Files" in this mailing list, the holiday of
> Rigsdal is different from the Winter Solstice in "Under the Red Moon". If I
> understand correctly, Winter Solstice is universal thus presumably UtRM is
> wrong and the Thunder Rebels is right, but I cannot find the errata of the
> book.

/// Puny hoomans know nothing about Night, cower under bright death all the time. Xentha spreads, protects uz from bright death. Xentha very strong, we honor Her and make nights last longer. Sometime Night will last forever again.

> 2)Twenty-Eight Days and Sacred Time: All communal worshippers in Orlanthi
> Society at least attend (and spend) 10% time of a year, "Thunder Rebels"
> describes the detail of the 10%. One of my Japanese friends once asked me if
> the 28 days include the Sacred Time 14 days.
/// I like the joke about a people being lazy because of high number of holydays, but these HOLY DAYS are not what we 21st century RW people think. These days are the most important of the year, with difficult and often dangerous rituals to lead together. If we screw up, Bad Things will happen to the community. Holidays generate even more work and stress than regular days, when you have to worry about is taking the crop in, finding stray lambs etc.

> 3)Uz Calendar, Battle of Night and Day: In older literature of the Troll
> materials, Uz uses "Theyalan Calendar" for their mapping of the holidays.
> Aside from the debate it is still valid in the current Glorantha universe
> (Was it the World Council of Friends influential enough to let them accept
> their calendar?), what makes me nervous is that their concept of Night and
> Day.

/// Uz know Battle of Night and Day which mutilated uz, when cursed d'wargon ripped womb of Korasting. Uz know we must find lost Song of the Womb again or die trying. "Time" ridiculous hooman concept. Uz world going on forever and ever. Today bright death rules sky, someday this stops and we all back to Wonderhome. Then Real Time sets again.

> As Stellar FAQ (http://www.glorantha.com/greg/q-and-a/stellar-faq.html) told
> us that in the mapping of Theyalan Calendar, "it count their days from the
> previous dusk." If so, how about the nocturnal people?
/// Uz need not to "count nights". Each Night like primeval Darkness again. Each night holds whole universe. Prattle about "days" and "weeks" meaningless to uz. Seasons are important : those of Good Eating and Poor Eating.