Re: There is only one God, et al

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_eYiufyR_so4cTDWVqhM0TIAG_6QMCUnWapOLT-VhYqc5_oHfes8wIirni2Prp_3K895>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:38:09 +1300

On 11/15/2010 4:40 AM, Kevin McDonald wrote:
> The magic of the Logicians allowed them to "make things change shape so they
> could not return to their original figure, or become stupid, or darker, or
> more warm." The diversity of magic points to Enrovalini,
Everybody had magic. Moreover you are comparing what people had in the beginning (ie early Golden Age) with the magics available to them in the Flood (early Storm Age). During the Flood, I believe the Malkioni tribes have become well-rounded due to centuries of intermarriage and cultural exchanges with each other. Thus the Kachasti would have had builders and calligraphers and the like. They still had an edge in speaking magic but used whatever magic was available.

> For Yargan's folk I would look at the myth of Jarkaru, the Indigo Conqueror
> in Revealed Mythologies. Jarkaru was the great war leader of the
> Artmali. "Jarkaru and the Aquamarine Armada sailed across the world,
> settling colonies and forts wherever they wanted. They brought treasure and
> plunder back from all over the world."
Sailing to northern Peloria past Ernadela (where the Vingkotling live), Helerela or the Kachasti Coast is a bit too implausible as an Artmali conquest or even migration for me. I prefer to see the Blue People as being related to the Waertagi and or the Banthites.

--Peter Metcalfe