Re: Indigo Conquerors in Pelandia ?

From: David Cake <dave_at_EfKFIqVGe-qwQ-qqJ7Wdssil4KfkxiAUv3IPgWPFBQxh0FvtUb_2NgJK0y-3KbeceuFkSGM>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 00:15:21 +0800

At 5:58 PM +0100 14/11/10, hcarteau_at_tQTUkrCFBNxAwkiZUz0tlHTjqtS1Xxq1W7sj_0b8vRWGT4DnwyotQjaXSW3oUncQDQXY9-O3qUk.yahoo.invalid wrote:
>Selon Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_7xhPaPeKU3GCopce4k6ut8X7vdTmz_lOePSX2SolFrIAOhFu9j_fMTJZF8iz9kPavpEPP2M4olESbOH2xQ.yahoo.invalid>:
>
>> For Yargan's folk I would look at the myth of Jarkaru, the Indigo Conqueror
>> in Revealed Mythologies. Jarkaru was the great war leader of the
>> Artmali. "Jarkaru and the Aquamarine Armada sailed across the world,
>> settling colonies and forts wherever they wanted. They brought treasure and
>> plunder back from all over the world."
>
>/// That is interesting. After all, the zaranistangi got all the way
>to the Blue
>Moon plateau.

        Do we have evidence that they have? They worshipped the blue planet, back when it was in the sky, but I don't think they ever made it to the plateau (though they did make it to both Melib and Slontos).

>Their artmali little brothers, with flying ships and Teleportation
>magics, might very well have gone all the way to Pelandia. But I read an old
>note by Greg Stafford saying the blue folk in Pelandia was simply local water
>beings; or leftovers from the Great Flood.

        There are clearly a range of different blue people, all with perhaps a water connection, but not much more - some are native, some are immigrants. All seem to be water beings - even though some are described as 'corpse blue' the blue colour seems to be related to water powers (rather than blue moon or even Blue Vadeli).

        I think the blue sorcerer people from the Entekosias are waertagi.

>Now could there have been some
>artmali ships riding the Great Flood ? I don't have my "mytho-chronology"
>straight on that issue.

        I think there may have been Artmali ships riding the Great Flood. But I think it is less likely they sailed to the other side of the world.

	Cheers
		David