Re: There is only one God, et al

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_wRrbr4S7b6qKVpYXU1u2syIC25JmXejLC_LJOGSRWdf4xSgLG2Ur5WjJdfKcGZ6u>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:27:36 -0000

Peter :

> Everybody had magic.

What is magic ?

> I prefer to see the Blue People as
> being related to the Waertagi and or the Banthites.

Several blue peoples are often incorrectly conflated in these lists, whereas it seems to be the case that blue people can be found in nearly every modern human population.

AFAIK, not all of them are even linked with the Water Rune, except rather hypothetically by potential ancient ancestry.

Blue people are perhaps an exception among modern Gloranthans, in that the only significant shared characteristic is their skin colours, in varying shades of blue/indigo (quite rarely more purple shades), paler or darker, rather than any shared mythology, or common identity -- notwithstanding that some specific groups of blue peoples do exist with just such features.

Biologically, and anthropologically, to take a Logician's point of view ;), blue people are known to exist in every Tribe of Man, they are considered to be an unusual but normal occurrence, and they are usually viewed with a kind of interest that is not racist in nature, but magical and mythic -- although this is not true of some groups of blue peoples that define themselves partially by skin colour.

One specific point of view I could offer, for more specific illustration purposes, is that the Old Helering Tribe of the Ancient Orlanthi became fully Orlanthi, so that their descendants who may sometimes be born with the skin colours of their Ancestors, are Known as being Us, welcomed and loved, not set apart nor viewed with suspicion. They live with the Freedom of the Wind, we fly and rejoice with them, and we never even *think* of the possibility that they should not walk with the true gods of their Breath.

Blue people exist among all of the human populations of central and coastal Genertela, of the Islands, and in Pamaltela at the very least among the human populations of its northern coastal regions.

The origins of this skin type are deeply confused with the origins of humanity itself, notwithstanding the more racist views of some exclusive groups of Blues.

To put it bluntly, there were blue people living in Harmony amongst our Ancestors in the Green Age...

Julian Lord