Re: S:KoH Nandan?

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_tF6C-4h-BU1fTuzBLTyOithjZLJetWIHjDz696YfFPUXuVCVcZbLbksS_p0lgGno->
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:16:36 -0500

Namaste:
There is a lot to be said in Nandan in "Storm Tribe", the Cults of Sartar, which is HW/HQ1 book which is still rather excellent. :) In summary:

There are a few cults in Orlanthi culture that handle those people with non traditional gender roles.
Nandan allows men who initiate into it to assume traditional female roles / Ernalda magic.
Vinga allows women who intiate into it to assume traditional male roles / Orlanth magic.

And Heler is quite ambiguous in gender.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha