Re: Matrimonial projects in Fay Jee : your suggestions

From: hcarteau_at_HVN8F0pOgBERLXv0B0tPp3G6dhM1P39zRTDyLh0A51xOiDJFQ_FK8kBJTzHAclzZtfg
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:09:55 +0100

Selon bryan_thx <bethexton_at_YwHIqMu4vgzbClfUTAbweWr7ue6CddehWYQ2hF2MmCkWRR434N3rWtk96OmhKyZSdFId84aUjGphHa19tw.yahoo.invalid>:

> I think something like that deserves to be rewarded with an enthusiastic
> response.....

/// Agreed.

whether or not she really wants to marry him, of course she welcomes and encourages his interest.....and encourage him to express that interest in more solid ways (deeds, gold, magic....)
/// Yes, I figured she'd play hard to get - and be what is called, hem, "high maintenance". He'll have to pay a lot.

> You have to decide if you want to take the game in that direction or not,
> after all, they can do a bunch and then have things not work out.
/// Yep. I've planned to close the campaign in july, that leaves about 8 sessions to go. But I think I'll include this as part of the next Wenelian League moot.

But there is no reason that she couldn't, for example, invite him to a feast at an important clan celebration. One where brave men often prove their mettle by doing something crazy (say canoeing through very dangerous cataracts, or stealing from a powerful nature spirit). /// That's cool but she's Caselain too so no stealing (I picture this sect as very anti-thief). But there might be a particularly difficult deal to make with a powerful nature spirit, including a dangerous trial. After a mad canoe ride to get there for instance.

Or at the feast she has other rivals for her hand there, and announces that she'll choose her groom next year based on how much they impress her in a series of contests.
/// Better. And, as the year-marriage (yes, nothing more) vows are about to be celebrated, an rejected suitor challenges Ysgrin to something difficult. Only if he overcomes can the marriage proceed. Nothing like a nice physical fight for instance, with ritual overtone.

/// My point. The mind boggles.