Re: S:KoH Nandan?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_GmunJ2NKnhIQpOmhPQBHlbE5fjgqLu7A49vL44fof6-xnrCM1MHCP6TPX7y2KZa-sot-Z>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:56:06 -0800

>> > She is often forced to choose who gets her best power, her greatest
>> healing.
>> > The choices are entirely hers--presumably based on her messages from
>> Chalana
>> > Arroy herself--the healing power tells her where it wants to go
>>
>> So what is the acceptable societal reaction to a healer who makes
>> socially
>> unacceptable choices? If our clan has a feud with our neighbors, and my
>> sister
>> the CA devotee says her goddess tells her to follow the warband to battle
>> in
>> order to heal our enemies first even when we nicely ask her not to, what
>> can we
>> do about it?
>

> Nothing
> Or, anything you want, with consequences.

It's the same as asking your Humakti not to kill people in a feud, pretty please with honey on top. You are not arguing with a person, you are arguing with their god (assuming they are a Devotee, and really, why be anything else with the extreme Gods?). Your character probably would *know* not to ask her not to heal your enemies - it's what her goddess tells her to do, just like Orlanth tells you to climb Kero Fin and jump off, or Yinkin tells you to sleep around. Everyone gets told by their god to do stuff that society thinks is a bit wierd - except Orlanth and Ernalda, who *define* society, and therefor what they ask of you is "normal", even if it might seem a bit extreme if looked at from a 21st century real-world perspective.

CA is as rigidly "pro-Life" as Humakt is "pro-Death" (or "pro-Separation", at least), and her followers are as determined (or stubborn) as any Humakti. Tell her not to do something her goddess says to do? Yeah, that'll go over well. But assuming your clan has a CA Healer, they will know what to ask and, more importantly, what not to ask her to do.

RR
>From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the
black utterances of a depraved imagination.