Unmanageable healers

From: hcarteau_at_Pp-0mOz7aRAh1hRRl-ZKPTuPl4kDgZCN99nqzvm4PD-QqpMbHhlGdHNsIatlXa37jFp
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:48:36 +0100

Selon ryancaveney_at_t_glKRnwuDNt4OhIK-6AZ4hutZxI4fx9OnxyGgtmmfjHajPtilVmIB3OmlSv6_85zV9QrspOqlcsjezp.yahoo.invalid:

So what is the acceptable societal reaction to a healer who makes socially unacceptable choices?
/// It depends of the state of health of the clan, presence of disease spirits,
tendency of clanspeople to get hurt etc. If they're all "Tough 5M" you can be more abrasive with a starry-eyed healer.

If our clan has a feud with our neighbors, and my sister the CA devotee says her goddess tells her to follow the warband to battle in order to heal our enemies first even when we nicely ask her not to, what can we do about it?
/// Plenty. You can distract her with other wounded people for instance ;
self-mutilation comes to mind. You can get her drunk or stoned. And I'm pretty sure the Clan Chief has his word to say. She's a clan member after all. Finally, WHY would she want to heal ennemies first ? As Greg said, even Healers let their personal preferences influence who gets healed first.

What third way can we find between letting her do whatever she wants and just outlawing her?  Relatively gentle physical restraint seemed like a better option than "screw you, you're exiled."
/// Be at ease, brother. You did act as your heart and guts told you. Violence
is always an option, but it doesn't need to hurt, only restrain in that case. Orlanth will judge you, but He knows we all do what we can, and correct our mistakes.