Re: Matrimonial projects in Fay Jee : your suggestions

From: David Dunham <david_at_wXCrn2dlrHwLV6-ObLmDGmzSjHOC9avxoapmUpV28uv1lxXHAhwsogYSWHGZQCRrWXKG6x>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:54:25 -0800

On 22 Nov 2010, at 14:09, hcarteau_at_-lq4sS9B6wSGxCS6F6jFmeKZKXW5O3WUrtL4amaSKSWWNYd9hCBicQID8E_ZyzPgEzIsuQMGpJ23Dg.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> But there is no reason that she couldn't, for example, invite him to a feast at
> an important clan celebration. One where brave men often prove their mettle by
> doing something crazy (say canoeing through very dangerous cataracts, or
> stealing from a powerful nature spirit).
> /// That's cool but she's Caselain too so no stealing (I picture this sect as
> very anti-thief). But there might be a particularly difficult deal to make with
> a powerful nature spirit, including a dangerous trial. After a mad canoe ride to
> get there for instance.

No, you have it backwards. This is the only option. BECAUSE it's stealing. Make it a moral dilemma. (Perhaps there's a clever way out, like stealing something but "accidentally" dropping an item of equal value.)

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein