Re: Matrimonial projects in Fay Jee : your suggestions

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_MeODGLiF9kR9y0nciBKKHVW4G3aPg-wNxeKC6MIZTNXqGNW982-AnLmK7f999UP6u7>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:20:55 -0000

> > /// That's cool but she's Caselain too so no stealing (I picture this sect as
> > very anti-thief). But there might be a particularly difficult deal to make with
> > a powerful nature spirit, including a dangerous trial. After a mad canoe ride to
> > get there for instance.
>

> No, you have it backwards. This is the only option. BECAUSE it's stealing. Make it a moral dilemma. (Perhaps there's a clever way out, like stealing something but "accidentally" dropping an item of equal value.)

Well, the prospective bride follows Castelaine, which was the explanation of why she would not ask for something to be stolen.

I had another thought of how this could be done, if you didn't want to make it a focus just yet. Start by running an extended contest representing the negotiation between the two of them, and do one exchange per session for a few sessions. Set the difficulty such that the poor player is not apt to do well early on.

Then offer some adventure which should offer a huge augment later on (make that one a play session). If he can pull off this impossible thing (say recover a lost heirloom….that was lost by her father when gambling with a trickster, and she's heard that there is going to be a gathering of tricksters at the tower of tricksters off the coast, and if the player's character could just get it back….)