Re: Unmanageable healers

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_GsUowzimRCMpEhahhWxx5qpkkynGi28PzdnV320otKasV01uKr6gRvTaqJAZ879s6>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:40:50 -0800

YGWV On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:41 PM, <ryancaveney_at_p4d1v5kqxY-iAJ82eEKYL22Y3ZpxgUOjeHe6xX4AJQNUQFH_WuXXJcFPA8F0V64S0Q73EKO5RV9N0BAF_EaWgg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> hcarteau wrote:
> > You can distract her with other wounded people for instance ;
> > self-mutilation comes to mind. You can get her drunk or stoned.
>
> Ah, good! This is the sort of stuff I was looking for. Other ideas?

Great story stuff, btw.

> Roderick Robertson wrote:
> > CA is as rigidly "pro-Life" as Humakt is "pro-Death" (or
> "pro-Separation",
> > at least), and her followers are as determined (or stubborn) as any
> Humakti.
>
> Actually, this discussion has convinced me that Chalana Arroy is more the
> opposite of Vadrus than of Humakt. Both Chalana Arroy and Vadrus have the
> same
> inability or unwillingness to distinguish between friend and foe, which
> makes
> "heal everything, regardless of what it is" and "hurt everything,
> regardless of
> what it is" equally disruptive to society. At least Humakti can tell which
> side
> they're on!

Actually, Humakti have no enemies whatsoever. They kill whomever they are commanded to kill. Under normal conditions their leaders are sufficient directors, but when the god talks to them, they listen or suffer.

> "Giving aid and comfort to the enemy" is treason.

Forcing your healer, inspired by her goddess, to suffer Her wrath instead of doing her duty, is blasphemy.

> I am interested
> in finding out how to deal with such treason on the part of a healer. Greg
> seems to have said that outlawry is actually the least bad option, but
> getting
> her drunk seems to me like a rather better plan.

This is one of those fun situations where the rule is rigid, but a story can shape its way round it in the hands and imaginations of player characters.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer