Sartar Companion

From: Paul King <paul_at_kWp0-jVhb8fqqRaHc0_kn2raqtiS8s86YY6nUDfT1VK7-aAtmSMpiY6tpfWbtLpmN5YeWfX>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 19:10:21 +0000

Having got the book at Dragonmeet I'm working my way through it. Some nice old Glorantha touches (Rumours ! Rated T,F,M,R,B ! ) and reused art (if some of it maybe a bit TOO familiar). I'm liking it so far but there are some small issues.

Aside from a number of typos and other minor annoyances there does seem to be a contradiction in the description of Runegate's fortifications (p60-1). "Runegate is surrounded...by earthworks, topped by a wooden palisade and several timber watchtowers". "The original stone towers...were destroyed...and have been replaced by timber watchtowers." - so, the towers are wood. But then "The towers have been reconstructed and their pale stone...". This is all in one paragraph, Maybe it's talking about different towers but if so it's not clear which are wood and which are stone - and why the stone towers aren't mentioned in the first sentence.

(The description of Nymie as both male and female is NOT a contradiction, though! Water deities are like that!).