Unmanageable disease

From: hcarteau_at_1sKopsOjE4QJGjCy4yHkwXwQCukE9RsFEWJRJucpSt_07_k7FKtDuRWNmmwmg6N3_ru
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 18:39:37 +0100

It has been discussed before, but the question bears repeating : are ALL diseases of magical origins in Glorantha ? I think not.

It does take some intellectual effort to envision a world where there are NO bacteria doing their job - it's a huge strech. But if it's how Glorantha is, I'll play with it. This world runs on MAGIC and MYTH, not natural sciences. Disease exist and develops because... something bad happened (probably caused by malia, curse its name). Did disease exist before malia turned bad ? Wasn't there any sickness in the Golden Age ?

I really liked the idea of sorcerous healers trying to figure out Logical medicine, understanding the basics of disinfectants' use, etc. But from what we know of Sorcerers and Mages, they probably focus on understanding the runic combinations that "correct" illogical things as wounds and diseases. I remember the RQ rokari had a "Neutralize Wound" spell, simply using Logic to dispel this illogical phenomenon.