Re: Unmanageable disease

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_BPADEPmLqOvKS8kvDqH_rlmh_vt55zcCyv0issHSV3-h56PwtG2HZkI-7PZB0WqghR7>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 18:07:25 +0000

hcarteau_at_v47BHXu86aq665LkhzoImOYlldlCng0lApcm3Somcl-udJ3N2sB6vDUakGkXMhwrGRLTCLdo.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Did disease exist before malia turned bad ? Wasn't there
> any sickness in the Golden Age ?

Probably not, IMO. Which is part of what makes it so Golden.

> I really liked the idea of sorcerous healers trying to figure out Logical
> medicine, understanding the basics of disinfectants' use, etc.

I could easily believe that. Disinfectants can be things that ward off evil spirits, after all.

> But from what we
> know of Sorcerers and Mages, they probably focus on understanding the
> runic
> combinations that "correct" illogical things as wounds and diseases. I
> remember
> the RQ rokari had a "Neutralize Wound" spell, simply using Logic to
> dispel this
> illogical phenomenon.

One of the unofficial healing cults I wrote up for Kingdom of the Flamesword uses this sort of approach. So, naturally, I endorse it as an option :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/