Re: Unmanageable disease

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_dUhq8WNU0taj392nZAB1L61v9-a7cwVxA_dDP2AdPi4id-slJVDX-qQoNK9lgx8IG>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 13:51:46 -0500

Namaste:

So, yes, all diseases in Glorantha are magical, and most are bad disembodied spirits looking for fleshy material home to possess.

If you are interested, however, in "germs theory".. well, to me that screams
"malignant disease essences". While still magical, they originate from the
Sorcery Otherworld, and may behave differently.

Many diseases are from the Underworld or Chaos, and can have mixed origins.  In my Glorantha, I had several outbreaks of plagues in the East be from different otherworlds, such as those caused by alchemical imbalances by the Kralori Gang of Four.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from
the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha